German Third Reich Dagger

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by oOobollyoOo, Apr 2, 2023.

1. oOobollyoOo

oOobollyoOo New Member

Is this real or replication all other daggers I've seen have not had the same engraving

Attached Files:

2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

4. komokwa

yer gettin the hang of it !!:playful::playful::playful:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. komokwa

[​IMG]

I'd.......we'd.... luv to see more and clearer pis of the whole critter !!!!!!!

oOobollyoOo likes this.
  6. the blacksmith

the blacksmith Well-Known Member

One thing to bear in mind with these, is that the eagle in the grip should not be in the centre, they are below the centre point. This is something that a lot of fakers seem to get wrong, thankfully. Whenever I see one with the eagle in the middle of the grip I start to look much closer........
    As has been said, more and better pictures are needed.....

komokwa likes this.
  7. komokwa

good point...
    for now, I'm more interested in the blade itself !;)

8. oOobollyoOo

oOobollyoOo New Member

Sorry for the poor photo I had it forwarded off a friend I'm just enquiring for him lol I can get more

9. oOobollyoOo

oOobollyoOo New Member

It was a pic I was forwarded but great help thank you lol its a none Damascus blade it has makers mark and the motto etched on the blade ill re up load some better pics once I see my friend

komokwa likes this.
  10. komokwa

no problem !;)

In the future.....if an item is not yours and access to it is difficult, please let us know with your first post so that we have patience and don't pester you for more pics right away.

We'll wait for more photo's , and in the meantime ask your pal for everything he knows about where and when he got this blade....

Help us , to help you........... & him !!!!:happy::happy::happy:

11. bosko69

oOobollyoOo -More desirable 3rd Reich items have been forged frequently since the literal fall of Berlin.I've got an advanced WWII collector buddy who assumes everything's a counterfeit,but-there's still real stuff out there.
    Good luck to yr pal.

all_fakes and komokwa like this.
  12. the blacksmith

I have seen SS and SA dagger pattern welded blades (erroneously called 'Damascus' !), with the relevant etching and gilding, coming out of India or China. The can be found on ebay and can cost as little about £85 !:(

komokwa likes this.
  13. komokwa

then, once we see the pics..........;)

14. the blacksmith

I found this......

s-l1600 (31).jpg Fake SS pattern welded honour dagger blade

s-l1600 (32).jpg
    complete with gilded Himmler dedication and Eichorn makers logo.

Though this particular one is $200, when fitted to an original Honour dagger the price to the unwary might well be in the $10000 -$15000 range!
    I have never purchased a Third Reich dagger if I couldn't disassemble it first. Most dealers understand this, and if you are seriously interested will allow this. The give away with the blade that I have shown, is in the treatment of the tang, this is nothing like an original piece. I have never seen one with this type of weld pattern in the blade either. Unfortunately at first glance it would fool many.....:(

komokwa likes this.
  15. bosko69

Got to admit-that's a very pretty phony blade.

komokwa likes this.
  16. komokwa

Whoa..... I know blades....but this is getting to be above my pay grade !!:jawdrop:;)

Draft saved Draft deleted