German Porcelin Figurines

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sarajayne, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Sarajayne

Sarajayne Well-Known Member

GermanPorcelain3.jpg GermanPorcelain3.jpg I bought these at a an elderly lady's estate sale several years ago. Have never been able to find anything about them. Like the factory where they were made or age. Please excuse the poor pics.

GermanPorcelain2.jpg
    GermanPorcelain.jpg

2. CharlesSabo

CharlesSabo New to antiques

That is a capodimonte italian figurine.

Sarajayne likes this.
  3. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

The Capodimonte mark is probably one of the most copied marks out there. The actual Capodimonte factory closed in the early 1800s. As there is no copyright on the mark it has been used by a multitude of others from then to today. Following is a webpage with an explanation of the original Capodimonte marks (#s: 1, 2, and 3) and of the copy and fake usage of the mark on this figurine, #4, with #5 about stickers used.
    http://antiques.about.com/od/ceramicsporcelai1/tp/Capodimonte-Marks061812.htm

Wait for the porcelain gurus to chime in on a possible timeframe for these figurines. To me, not a porcelain guru by any stretch of the imagination, these figurines lack detail. Here is another page with basic Capodimonte (or Capo-di-Monte) info. Do read allll of **Peter's** reply.
    http://www.figurines-sculpture.com/...ce-sculture-darte-studio-backstamp-query.html

--- Susan

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    leeddie, Sarajayne and judy like this.
  4. Sarajayne

Sarajayne Well-Known Member

As you can probably tell my knowledge of porcelain and pottery could be put in a thimble. Glass, is my thing. A lady I got these from told me they were German Porcelain an dummy me, I believed her!

Thanks to people like you I don't have to present myself as an idiot to others. Thanks you two!!!!

leeddie and CharlesSabo like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

1960s or later, made as tourist ware. Venetian figures.

Draft saved Draft deleted