German? Porcelain Courting Couple No Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by NewEngland, May 29, 2021.

1. NewEngland

NewEngland Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

This is a large porcelain figurine of a woman sitting on a bench and a man standing behind her. There is so much detail, but it is not marked. Do you think it's German? What year/century? It's 8 1/4" wide and 7.5" high. There is one petal broken off but amazingly, the rest of it is in great condition. No marks that I can find. Is it best to describe this is " romanticcoupleporcelain.JPG romanticcoupleporcelainb.JPG romanticcoupleporcelainbc.JPG.JPG romanticcoupleporcelainbottom.JPG Courting Couple" or "Victorian Couple". Thanks!

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Maybe she's doing Loves Me, Loves Me Not.

I'd call it Courting Couple. They are more Georgian/Regency than Victorian.

NewEngland, Any Jewelry and Houseful like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

18th century (the couple, not the item). During the Regency period the young man would have had short hair.:)

i need help, NewEngland and Bronwen like this.
  4. NewEngland

NewEngland Well-Known Member

Was it made in the 19th or 20th century? The prices are all over the place online - is this a $20 or $200 piece? With no marks, it's very hard to find an exact match. Thanks!

Bronwen likes this.
  5. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

I’m inclined towards to $20 the faces aren’t well done and the gold too bright.

NewEngland and Bronwen like this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Me, too,but my vote is because the fingers are stuck together, and the hair has no texture. I did an image search and found one listed as capodimonte, no mark shown, and capodimonte from Germany, so it's pretty clear no one knows where they came from.

Bronwen and NewEngland like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted