German porcelain ballerina. Marks ID?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lesley, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Lesley

Lesley New Member

Please help me identify these two makers marks. I have scoured online guides and even similar items for sale. Have found only one figurine (for sale) for each of these marks, and the sellers can't identify the marks, either.

IMG_4981.JPG IMG_4821.JPG

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to the Forum, Lesley!!! Could you also show the whole items please?? Also, it's better to back away a little bit to get a better image IN focus, rather than one closer but OUT of focus!!! Thank you SO much!!! I'm sure help will be along during the day!!

Slykitty65, Fid, judy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Lesley

Lesley New Member

Hi

Attached Files:

Slykitty65 likes this.
  4. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

The one with Germany underneath looks like a "Reichmannsdorf" mark. There were several factories in Thuringa, Germany that used it and they were all gone by about 1937. The other one with a six pronged crown is a little more difficult. Might be a good idea to do two more "in focus" pictures of the bottoms.
    Cheers
    Stephen

judy and i need help like this.
  5. Lesley

Lesley New Member

Thank you for this valuable information. I do have better pictures, but I confess I can't seem to discover how to edit the original post!

judy likes this.
  6. Lesley

Lesley New Member

IMG_5002.JPG IMG_4999 (2).JPG IMG_4999 (2).JPG IMG_4999 (2).JPG But I will add them here:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  7. Lesley

Lesley New Member

Here is the mark on PM&M, in its "unidentified" section. This posted text accompanied it: "Crowned 'L R' constantly claimed to be Leube (Reichmannsdorf, Thuringia). But according to the reference books I own this mark is *not* Leube."
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is the Leube mark, which doesn't look quite the same to me:

[​IMG]

The plot thickens!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I thought the symbol under the first mark might be a caduceus but it didn't help me in a search. My understanding is that there were a lot decorating shops in and near Dresden. Perhaps we are seeing decorator marks rather than manufacturer marks?
    Don

9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

750FA95D-B370-498D-8888-A2EB6DFEEB37.jpeg Is that a paper label? Maybe something is under that?
    I have enlarged your photo. If you check box saying show all images full size, after you have uploaded them, we can get a better look. :)

10. Lesley

Lesley New Member

Ah! Thanks.

11. Lesley

Lesley New Member

Maybe that's it. There isn't anything under that remaining bit of a tag

Draft saved Draft deleted