Featured Gerda Lynggaard Horn & Brass Necklace? Or not?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Curioser, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Curioser

Curioser Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm back to exercise your eyes and test your jewelry knowledge since I've been staying home most of the last few weeks due to mysterious and debilitating foot pain. I can't work at my job now so I'm trying to mitigate lack of income and rising stress by clearing up some questions on things I own.

I am wondering if this horn, stamped brass and organic beads necklace might have been done by Gerda Lynggaard? The carved horn clasp with coconut shell disk is on-point and horn is a favored element of hers.The stamped brass plaques are not affixed to the horn pieces and were cut to allow strands of the orange beads to slide thru them. The small beads are irregular in size and shape; some have surface defects--might they be some type of seed?
    I haven't seen stamped brass in GL pieces but they do have thousands of designs.

Any thoughts? I appreciate your ideas! Horn_Brass_beads_neck_3.jpg Horn_Brass_beads_neck_4.jpg

Horn_Brass_beads_neck_1.jpg

Any Jewelry, cxgirl, judy and 5 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Hm. It's lovely quality.

cxgirl, judy, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Great photos and lovely item.

cxgirl, judy, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  4. Curioser

Curioser Well-Known Member

Thank you, both! I know many GL things didn't come with a metal plate insert or any permanent mark. Too bad! Makes it so hard for those who don't buy the items brand new to figure out who dunnit!

cxgirl, judy, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted