Georg Jensen Candlesticks

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Danno, May 22, 2017.

1. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

I am considering the purchase of a pair of georg jensen "749" candlesticks. The pair is without the 925S mark that often accompanies the piece. I know that any of the early Jensen pieces were made with less silver and I am wondering if these pieces are from one the earlier runs of this pattern.

Dan

IMG_1603.JPG IMG_1602.JPG

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

"749" is the design number. The marks include the word sterling so they were probably made by the US branch location.

yourturntoloveit and komokwa like this.
  3. Bakersgma

tyeldom3 and yourturntoloveit like this.
  4. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Duh....I overlooked the all to obvious "sterling" mark! Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Do you think that $500 is a good price for a pair?

5. Bakersgma

You're welcome, Danno. Second pair of eyes is often what it takes!

I really have no idea about value. I neither sell or have the budget to be buying such lovely things. ;)

6. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Is it just my imagination or does that look like "925" underneath the "NSE" fron Jensen?

7. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Well baker, you armed me with enough knowledge to make me dangerous! ⛑. Thanks again for your insight!!

cxgirl and Bakersgma like this.
  8. Bakersgma

All I see are dots. :watching:

9. Bakersgma

Good luck, Danno. They are very nice!

10. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Thank you, maam. I love hunting at the small local auction houses without an online presence! Much smaller field of "competitors". More and more auction houses are dual listing with liveauctioneers and proxibid where informed buyers are seemingly pervasive and ubiquitous!

yourturntoloveit and judy like this.
  11. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

I personally would never pay that for a pair of candlesticks, of course I buy mostly to scrap the silver so quality is not my major concern but that price seems a bit high for candlesticks.

12. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

I like my chances then! Although I have seen some Georg Jensen pieces go for over $200/ounce...

13. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

AAAHHH! But these are Jensen, a whole different kettle of fish :joyful:

judy and Danno like this.
  14. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Shhhhh.

judy likes this.
  15. Marie Forjan

I'll never tell ;)

judy likes this.
  16. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

It took a strong power bid at $325 to acquire the pair but happy to have them, as well as a Jensen Ladle.

cxgirl, Bakersgma and quirkygirl like this.
  17. Marie Forjan

Congratulations!!!!

18. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Thanks Marie. I think the guy may have run out of money after I waved the white flag, bidding against him on a 32 piece set of jensen acorn flatware!

Draft saved Draft deleted