Featured Georg Jensen Acorn

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Danno, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

picked up a nice set of georg jensen flatware. Twelve 10 piece place settings and 27 serving pieces, including a nice dinner bell. Of the 27 serving pieces, which is the most desirable in your opinion. Are values roughly proportionate to sterling weight (with obvious jensen multipliers applied) or are some pieces viewed as more desirable?

92E5A50C-8EE1-4439-B8BC-FFB03FD438AF.jpeg FBEBD278-DCDF-4BE6-A3EA-4122F3193CD4.jpeg

Any Jewelry, judy, kyratango and 5 others like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Acorn is an iconic Jensen design and should be desirable. Search eBay for sold listings to see what it's bringing currently.

*crs*, judy, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

4. Bakersgma

There are almost 400 listings that sold (not just ended) in the past 30? days (not sure how long eBay is displaying when you select sold in search.) So you've got your work cut out for you to categorize that many.

judy, kyratango, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  5. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Sorry for not being clear. The small dinner bell (upper left of first photo) sells for around $700, suggesting a disproportionate jensen acorn premium. I assume this is because of a more limited supply. Is anyone aware of other jensen acorn serving pieces that are more desirable (perhaps because of rarity) than typical jensen acorn pieces?

6. Bakersgma

I see what you mean now. However, I do not know of anyone here who sells that much sterling flatware (on a regular basis) much less at that high end of the scale who could give you ideas off the cuff. It may take some considerable time for such a member to surface. If I might suggest, while you are waiting you, could search ebay (as mentioned above) for the specific serving pieces you have and analyze for your "Jensen Acorn premium" that way.

Where did you get the $700 price point for the dinner bell?

7. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Searched ebay sold listing for “georg jensen acorn dinner bell”

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GEORG-JENS...575406?hash=item4d7f05e86e:g:er8AAOSwI59Z~IIG

Ok, I will check 925-1000.com

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. Bakersgma

Ok. So you can do the same thing with the other pieces.

Are you going to ASK about it on 925-1000? They will NOT discuss selling much less prices.

Christmasjoy and anundverkaufen like this.
  9. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

What a novel idea.....

10. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Let me know if I'm taking your comment the wrong way... but, being sarcastic with someone who is going out of their way to try to help you with something is not the way to endear yourself around here.

*crs*, Jivvy, kyratango and 6 others like this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

kyratango likes this.
  12. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

Condition can make a great difference as design model, those are like new, and sometime you can have two persons who want the piece, here it's difficult to see the condition on small pictures, selling GJ sometimes in year I've been very surprised by the customer's choice, I say customer because collectors are more difficult to find and they search designs out of production since a long time or made for special commands like center table pieces made unique, only on command and very valuable.

Figtree3 and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted