Gas Mask, Untouched in Box

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by AntiqueHobbit, May 9, 2019.

1. AntiqueHobbit

AntiqueHobbit Active Member

Barn Owl likes this.
  2. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

i need help, komokwa and Houseful like this.
  3. AntiqueHobbit

i need help and Barn Owl like this.
  4. kactus 100

kactus 100 Active Member

Its a gas mask set that everyone here in Israel had or has just in case our "neighbours" aren't feeling too friendly. During the gulf war, it was the fashionable thing to be seen with.

WARNING! Be careful though if there a tube in the box - usually in a plastic package - Its an automatic injector filled with nerve agent antidote. Do not play with it. I repeat do not play with it! take it to a pharmacist to destroy it.

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Now THAT'S a BIT SCARY........:jimlad::dead:...Like REALLY!

judy likes this.
  6. kactus 100

kactus 100 Active Member

my dog ate poison, and with only a vet via phone (or an hour plus drive away) he told my husband to use the injection on my dog. Husband - not the brightest of pennies when under pressure - opened up the tube - hit it on my dogs bum and the needle sprung out the wrong end missing his finger by a millimetre! lucky he was ok - and we had another box to open and use for the dog. she went blind for 3 days then recovered! luckily we have not needed the gas masks for ourselves.... yet

komokwa likes this.
  7. AntiqueHobbit

Oh geez! That’s good to know in case we come across any more items like this one!

Draft saved Draft deleted