fulper ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Rclinftl, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

everything about this vase including the bottom reminds me of Fulper but no signature and I haven't been able to ID a shape - any info on this one? green12.JPG green13.JPG green15.JPG green16.JPG

judy and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

IMHO, the glaze and handle don't look like Fulper's. No other maker comes immediately to mind.

judy likes this.
  3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

No doesn't look like Fulper's to me either. II saw a couple of Teco with hand rolled handles, but only a couple online. Interestingly, the bottom glazed part looks much like the Teco and the color looks like it's there too.

Here is another example of hand rolled handle:

2.png

judy likes this.
  4. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

This is just a hunch/guess. I think this might be an early Haeger Pottery piece. That curdled green glaze looks like what Haeger called green geranium leaf glaze.

dgbjwc, bercrystal, verybrad and 5 others like this.
  5. antidiem

Could be. Thanks, Laura.

judy likes this.
  6. Rclinftl

I am convinced that it is indeed a very early piece of Haeger after following your led - this glaze was created by Martin Stangl between his 2 stints at Fulper 1914-1919 which is why it is fulper'esque

verybrad and antidiem like this.
  7. antidiem

excellent work by LauraGarnet02 thank you

Rclinftl likes this.
  8. Rclinftl

thanX Laura and Antidiem

Draft saved Draft deleted