Fulper pottery mark and age help.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 916Bulldogs123, Mar 31, 2022.

?

Real or reproduction

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is a reproduction, if it isn't then the mark dates 1909-1917 from what my searches reveal. I am not sure if that is some old painting on the side or something I should clean off of it.
    It is 2 1/2" tall x 3 1/2" diameter. Apparently the sixe of the mark makes a difference also. My mark is 1 3/8" which puts it in that time period?
    Mikey
    weee 908.jpg weee 910.jpg weee 911.jpg weee 914.jpg weee 916.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Is real, looks like someone applied some paint. Will likely come off with alcohol.

judy, Bakersgma and 916Bulldogs123 like this.
  3. 916Bulldogs123

Thanks Joe. I can't understand (but love) why thrift stores just give this stuff away.
    It was .49 cents.

judy likes this.
  4. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

So much to know about, and I guess they process tons of stuff! Makes it fun for us though :)

bercrystal, judy and 916Bulldogs123 like this.
  5. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

This could be an individual bean pot. Maybe came as part of a set with the big two quart Fulper redware 'Duotone' bean pot.

There might be information somewhere in the bowels of the internet about when Fulper Pottery used red clay. Or maybe some one has a book.

judy and 916Bulldogs123 like this.
  6. 916Bulldogs123

Thank you Laura,
    I thought bean pot too but just couldn't
    find a little one that had no handles.
    Searched Duotone, Bean pot, miniature, Individual, lol
    Mikey

judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

While legitimate Fulper, this is not the kind of Fulper pottery collectors want. I collect Fulper but would pass this by regardless of price. Maybe some die-hards would want it but most would not.

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OOOOOH!! I'm NOT THAT OLD, but as kids, we used to get that sized 'bean pot' filled with "boston baked beans" candy that looked like the beans! Don't remember ever saving the little bean pots though.....maybe for a little while, but sure don't have any now!!! Cute pot!!!

9. 916Bulldogs123

I'm just buying for resale but I interested in knowing why you wouldn't buy it? Not the decorative glazed type?
    Mikey

10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Exactly, just utilitarian. Fulper is collected primarily for their glazes. Even identical forms will vary quite a bit in value dependent on their glaze.

Figtree3 and 916Bulldogs123 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted