Free Mid Century Find

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Alesia42, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

rsz_free_mid_century_chairs_006.jpg rsz_free_mid_century_chairs_009 (1).jpg rsz_free_mid_century_chairs_013.jpg rsz_1free_mid_century_chairs_014.jpg rsz_free_mid_century_chairs_010 (1).jpg rsz_free_mid_century_chairs_012.jpg This is a unplanned haul today....I went to a Estate sale and they weren't open??.....so I happened to drive by a office/building parking lot....and there sitting next to the trash bend was a few chairs.....I picked up the 2 white fiberglass stack chairs by Howell...and a mid century chair .....my car is small so I got the fiberglass chairs first....then I went back for the tweed covered chair....all 3 are in good condition....with a nick here or there...I'm not sure of the value....if someone knows....please feel free to share your thoughts......

2. mark737

mark737 Well-Known Member

Howell and Gunlocke are not particularly sought after names in MCM furniture, but free is always a good deal. Eames-style shell chairs are popular, and having a pair helps, so you might get $100 for the Howell chairs. The Gunlocke chair is just a basic side chair and appears to need new upholstery, so I'd say $20 would be a reasonable expectation on that one.

DivasFinds and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. DivasFinds

DivasFinds Well-Known Member

From a fellow dumpster diver, pull-over on the side of the road-er.....nice find!

Born2it likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted