Frederick Cooper lamps worth fixing?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by kol1989, Sep 17, 2023.

1. kol1989

kol1989 New Member

Hey guys, new to the forum and looking for some suggestions! My wife picked up 5 lamps for only $3-5 a piece. She is a designer and likes to grab stuff up for client use or to fix and sell. Anyways, some of these need repairs, or new lamp shades, which are not that cheap, but if these lamps are worth fixing up we will do it!

The solo lamp look like a ern, maybe hand painted, one part of it needs glued together, but will be very presentable.

The first pair I think is considered candlestick style? One of the shades has a crease, is it worth fixing?

Second pair are in good shape, one is a little faded on the ceramic, but both need new shades, are these worth fixing, or purchasing new shades for?

Any thoughts would be great!!

Thanks

1-
    painted lamp 3.jpg IMG_20230917_124638342.jpg Painted lamp 4.jpg
    2-
    candlestick 2.jpg candlstick 1.jpg
    candliestick 3.jpg
    3- round lamp 4.jpg Round lamp 1.jpg round lamp 2.jpg round lamp 3.jpg

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Frederick Cooper lamps are good quality. Not familiar with Tyndale but they also look resonably good. That said, I don't see anything particularly special about these. Think the broken Asian one is only good for parts. The others might be worth fixing up with shades if you want to use them for decor purposes. Probably not worth it for resale. Really have no antique/collectible value. Probably better than most new lamps. Your initial investment is nil so would maybe make sure they work, are sound structurally, and sell them without shades.

3. kol1989

kol1989 New Member

I appreciate the response!!! Yea Tyndale from my research is Frederick cooper, the shades do say Frederick cooper. Yea for that price she could not pass them up, even the broken one, will just glue that. The only comparable ones I could find For the candlestick ones sold for $229, and for the round light blue ones, I found a different color and in better shape sell for $495. So in the end it sounds like she did good, and we will probably take your advice and sell without shades, or with just in case someone wants to recover them.

Thanks!!

k

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

sold for & sell for , are two different puppies !

but if you are finding prices like that....... strike while the irons hot !!!;);):woot:

Drew likes this.
  5. kol1989

kol1989 New Member

100% no way they will bring those prices, but it's all we have to go on, and those were old auction prices from yrs ago.
    The solid brass and porcelain are good quality, so I know she can get a win here!

Thanks!

K

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted