Four Perfume Bottles - Questions

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Oct 24, 2022.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I've done some research on these bottles and am confused, so I need help. The first two have hand blown bases. They are 3.5 inches tall. I've seen this base being used for a more elaborate flower top, but nothing with this simpler design. Are they associated with a certain perfume?

thumbnail_IMG_7015.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7016.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7017.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7019.jpg

The second two have me perplexed. The one with the leaf top and etched bottom is listed as a Princess House bottle everywhere. But when I got them, the round etched stopper was inserted in this bottle. The etched stopper fits in this bottle. It does not fit in the fan shaped bottle which appears with many stoppers. The leaf shaped stopper does fit the fan shaped bottle. Have I confused you? Here are the options. Please give me your vote.

Combo One

thumbnail_IMG_7011.jpg

Combo Two - the one marked Princess House

thumbnail_IMG_7022.jpg

Combo three

thumbnail_IMG_7008.jpg

Combo Four - Obvious not a fit

thumbnail_IMG_7023.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

judy likes this.
  3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

4. bercrystal

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

6. KikoBlueEyes

You know the problem, don't you. :D:D:D I have to give up a couple to make room. I've pulled two out to make room. I feel very sad, but they are duplicates, so all is not lost. :happy::happy::happy:;):kiss::kiss:

bercrystal likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

First two, the pair, might be RCR Italy.

bercrystal and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

Most appreciated. I'll look them up.

9. KikoBlueEyes

I see what you mean. They have those type of flat flower tops, and there is one bottle with the ridges that I found though not twisted. Thank you.

bercrystal likes this.
  10. Ownedbybear

I've had a few labelled ones, and yours do have that look. It's good clear lead crystal glass too.

11. KikoBlueEyes

Great to know. I really like them because they are squat and very interesting without being overly ornate. The crystal is heavy and as you said, clear. I'm always when someone leaves a label on. :D:D:kiss::kiss::kiss:

bercrystal and Ownedbybear like this.
  12. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

The flower on that 3rd bottle is cut, not etched. It is frosted because it was left unpolished :)

KikoBlueEyes and bercrystal like this.
  13. bercrystal

Companies often mix & match with their bottles & stoppers. Some of the early Czech bottles were often sold with different stoppers or different bases. As long as the stoppers fit snugly into the bottle it worked.

I have a small tote with spare stoppers & spare bases I have "collected" over the years from lots of bottles I have bought. The lots often contain bottles without stoppers & stoppers without bottles. I have managed to match up several over the past couple of years that now have graduated from the tote to the cabinet. :happy::happy:

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  14. KikoBlueEyes

Ah ha. So, the two with frosted flowers didn't match at all because of how they were decorated. I didn't even look. Thanks so much for this. I will look in the future.

15. KikoBlueEyes

That's a great idea. I have two stoppers that didn't match the bottle. I'll have to see if one fits. I've seen the fan base, when I was researching them. I'll have to look again for stopper styles. I know you have mentioned before that bases and stoppers are combined after they are created perhaps from different sources. Thank you.

bercrystal likes this.
  16. Ownedbybear

I buy odd stoppers whenever I see them. Very useful.

17. KikoBlueEyes

Great idea. I'll have to do that, as the marry bottles and stoppers haphazardly at the Discovery Shop (American Cancer Society)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
    bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted