Found 2 limited edition Henri Lautrec posters + a Chagall exhibition poster I can't find anywhere

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jul 21, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I was at my friend's thrift store when a truck came in full of donations from a estate in Ft Lauderdale. The first thing I saw was the Henri Lautrec poster of the man - and the colors popped! Then right behind it was Blanche poster, and right behind that was a Marc Chagall exhibition poster that was beautiful & I've never seen before - I was hooked!
    And then to add the cherry to the top of the ice cream sundae I noticed on the back of the Lautrec posters there was a COA from Musee d' Albi saying these were limited edition posters of 2000 editions!
    Does anyone know when these were made?

The Marc Chagall is another unique poster - I've searched and I found one for the Musee de Beaux-Arts Canada, but I can't find one for Musee de Beaux-Arts Montreal - has anyone seen this poster before?

Thanks for any help!
    PS - I tried to post these Fri but wasn't able to get on the site all week-end - I am so happy today! Over the week-end I realized how much I depend on you guys & didn't know what I was going to do because I am drawn to the old & unusual and you guys help me know what I found! I started thinking I was going to have to start picking just stuff I know - and that would not be fun!

Thank you all for all the help you give us!

ART POSTER HENRI LATREC MAN POSTER LIMITED EDITION 1AA.JPG ART POSTER HENRI LATREC MAN POSTER LIMITED EDITION 4AA.JPG ART POSTER HENRI LATREC MAN POSTER LIMITED EDITION 8AA.JPG ART POSTER HENRI LATREC MAN POSTER LIMITED EDITION 8AAA.JPG ART POSTER HENRI LATREC MAN POSTER LIMITED EDITION MADAME BLANCHE 1AA.JPG ART POSTER HENRI LATREC MAN POSTER LIMITED EDITION MADAME BLANCHE 1AAA.JPG ART POSTER HENRI LATREC MAN POSTER LIMITED EDITION MADAME BLANCHE 8AA.JPG ART POSTER HENRI LATREC MAN POSTER LIMITED EDITION MADAME BLANCHE 8AAA.JPG ART POSTER CHAGALL EXHIBITION POSTER NEWLYWEDS 1AA.JPG ART POSTER CHAGALL EXHIBITION POSTER NEWLYWEDS 3AA.JPG

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. journeymagazine

3. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, how much did you think it was worth?

4. journeymagazine

I thought $300 or so each I guess; no firm number - I got the 3 + the 3 Woody Vondracek deco ones for $100 so I won't lose anything.

5. Mark London

They are reproductions of original posters and are only worth what someone is willing to pay, they have no inherent value. Had you found original Toulouse-Lautrec posters for that price, it would have been the find of a lifetime.

Figtree3 and kyratango like this.
  6. journeymagazine

What do you think of Chagall exhibition poster?

7. Mark London

Haven’t a clue but it’s not worth a fortune

Draft saved Draft deleted