Fostoria Stemware Pattern and Age Help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Roger67, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Roger67

Roger67 Well-Known Member

HI Everyone... I bought 5 of these Fostoria stemware and not finding the pattern or they all just look the same. They are 4 3/4 tall and with the mark on bottom of 4 and not on one of them?? And what would they be wine glasses? Any help would be great. TIA image2.JPG IMG_1505.JPG IMG_1501.JPG

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Roger67 - try Fostoria 6017 or Fostoria 6033.
    Don

3. Roger67

Roger67 Well-Known Member

Thanks!!! Don looks like 6033 plain mademoiselle.

dgbjwc likes this.
  4. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

You have make. Use is champagne or tall sherbet.

I just saw the correct answer on your Baccarat site.

FYI, sorbet and sherbet are the same thing.

A frozen sweet dessert that is made usually from fruit or fruit juices
    or a fruit flavored ice served between courses as a palate refresher.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  5. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

And that is a champagne. One may use it for sherbet, but technically there is no such thing as a 'tall' sorbet (or, sherbet).

6. TheOLdGuy

Sorry, silverthwait, not everyone agrees with you on that subject.

7. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

technically a sherbet contains 1-3% milkfat whereas a sorbet is fruit only with no milkfat...

8. TheOLdGuy

Thanks TallCakes. Sorbet is a word I learned a hundred years ago, but sherbet came up today and I thought it was a misspelling. I hit google or bing in those cases instead of opening my Webster because the latter is so outdated I might not find either. :sorry:

Got a shock when typing sorbet into an online dictionary and sherbet popped up instead. Finally got both and the definitions were identical. Thousands of new words and/or definitions are added every year and many of those are because some groups, like we collectors, either make up a new word or invent a new use for an old one.

Thank you. May I just depend on you directly for realistic, correct and honest definitions in the future? :D Please.

9. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

really, 'a hundred years ago'?
    you really ARE quite The Old Guy. makes me just a bit past middle aged.
    you're welcome, and certainly ; )

10. TheOLdGuy

"really, 'a hundred years ago'?"

Well, sometimes I exaggerate a bit, especially when disrupted. :(

Hang in there. You will not "catch up" with me, but have a smooth ride forward.

Draft saved Draft deleted