Forlorn hope time - Louis Vuitton wallet???

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by evelyb30, Oct 16, 2023.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I bought this for not much. The button on the outside had red suede or similar on it originally. It wore off. The designs on the outside aren't cut off like the cheap fakes; even I know to look for that. Their small leather goods are often made in Spain and the snap has Louis Vuitton impressed into it. There are a lot of crazy odds and ends of knowledge here, so someone may well know if this is a home run or a foul tip.

DSCF9589.JPG DSCF9590.JPG DSCF9591.JPG DSCF9595.JPG DSCF9594.JPG DSCF9597.JPG

komokwa likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I don't see why anyone would put "made in Spain" on a counterfeit LV piece. You might want to consider this. Not too expensive... and then you'll know for sure.

https://www.authenticate4u.com/

Debora

the blacksmith likes this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Can you add a photo of the back, please?

4. evelyb30

I'll take one if I have enough lighting. It's almost dark out now.

bluumz likes this.
  5. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

Look at the zipper, does it say LV? How is the zipper itself smooth?

6. evelyb30

The zipper has a red leather pull on it that matches the leather on the inside. The mechanism itself isn't marked. Took a photo of the back, but it's still in my camera.

7. reader

reader Well-Known Member

It’s an Emilie I believe. I thought the red lining was stamped in gold but they could have done another version. Use the authenticator Debora posted. Can you find the date code? It’ll be 2 letters and 4 numbers buried in a seam. Use a flashlight. BTW fakes stamped Made in Spain absolutely exist.

NanaB likes this.
  8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

The fact that the red wore off of the button on the outside is a little worrying, usually these things are built to last, but maybe it was prone to wear.

I think this is called the Emilie Wallet if you want to compare with others.

Ah, sniped by Reader.

Best of luck, Ruth! Hope it's the real deal.

reader likes this.
  9. evelyb30

The authenticator site is located in the UK and seems inactivated. Since 2021.

I don't see a date code, but if this is old enough it may not have had one. From what I read that's a relatively recent addition. The modern ones seem to be stamped Made in France, but I found an older one on The Real Real that matches... not that it means anything.

10. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Nana b. Asked about the zipper. I too heard that counterfeits do not have smooth zippers.

NanaB likes this.
  11. evelyb30

No surprises there. Here's the back of the wallet.

DSCF9654.JPG

bluumz likes this.
  12. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Apologies for recommending authentication service that has closed down. I was unaware. Some members of the eBay Fashion forum recommend this one. I can't personally recommend.

https://authenticatefirst.com

Debora

13. reader

reader Well-Known Member

It absolutely must have a datecode. Datecodes are now discontinued but that piece isn’t new enough.

14. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I believe they are back in business at a4u. See if they’ll answer an email.

15. reader

reader Well-Known Member

That wallet was made in both France and Spain and definitely will have a datecode.

16. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Please show the edge from the side showing the edgestain.

17. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Here’s a datecode. Yours must have one. That edgestain too please. IMG_1132.jpeg

Lucille.b and komokwa like this.
  18. evelyb30

Found the code - CA5019 - December 2009, Spain? This is looking better. Starting to actually think it's real. Not sure what an "edgestain" is but if it's a gunk bags put on their edges (that I can't stand and won't buy...that stuff?) I'll get a picture when I have some daylight.

judy likes this.
  19. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Yes edgestain and need to see that and datecode.

judy likes this.
  20. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

It's a good sign that the leather was cut in such a way as to highlight the LV design logo. The LV should never be sliced into.

Draft saved Draft deleted