forgive me , I don't know how to make a post yet. I made a file with some photos of an item I have ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bikerbon, Aug 26, 2022.

?

age?value?

1. don't know what it wants me to put here

100.0%
  2. or here

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bikerbon

bikerbon New Member

info needed, I am gettin repetitious now

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hello, Bon! You are currently in the Introduction Forum, where new people tell the rest of us some things about themselves - who they are, where they are and why they are here in general is the usual drill. This is NOT an effective location to post pictures and ask questions about specific items. Those posts are best put in the Forum that most closely covers the item or items they want information about along with pictures of said things.

I gather you have posted pictures of a ceramic item in the Media Gallery. You can use those pictures in your query by using the little camera icon in the toolbar ^ to "embed" them in your posts. The best Forum for a ceramic item query is Pottery, Glass and Porcelain.

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry, Aquitaine and komokwa like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @bikerbon and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!!! Just an FYI......you don't have to put ANYTHING in that 'questionnaire box' at the top of the page!!! Don't know anyone that does!!!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome @bikerbon .
    I found photos of your item in the gallery and will add them to this post. In future you can use the excellent information provided by the others to post new threads. If you need any help, just ask, people here are always willing to help.

It is a gorgeous antique Chinese storage jar with iron red decoration, btw.
    Thank you for adding the ruler for the measurements. We have people from all over the world, so just to be sure, I assume it is in inches?

@daveydempsey , could you move this thread to the Pottery etc forum?:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    Bakersgma likes this.
  6. bikerbon

bikerbon New Member

Inches, yes
    Inches, yes

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. bikerbon

bikerbon New Member

ab.jpg there are 2 of them

8. Any Jewelry

Nice. Both in good condition?
    I live in the Netherlands, and overhere they would be a 'kaststel', jars or vases that are put on top of a Dutch cabinet, one on either side. Sometimes a kaststel would have another one with a matching design in the centre.

9. bikerbon

bikerbon New Member

interesting, I see Delft had Kastel

10. Any Jewelry

Yes they did. Delft copied Chinese porcelain, much of which was specifically ordered for the European taste.
    The Dutch word for cabinet is 'kast', the Dutch word for set is 'stel'. So kaststel, cabinet set.;)

11. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

It says 華東堂製 Huádōng táng zhì - Looks like a relatively modern make, a very similar mark (華禁堂製) is found on bronze mounted Chinese reproduction pieces. May be from the same source as the stamp style matches quite well too. They were very likely made in Jingdezhen.

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. bikerbon

bikerbon New Member

13. MR.YANG

MR.YANG New Member

The production after a pair of 90 s Chinese archaize ginger pot. In China we call it ZHOU GUAN. I am a Chinese antique dealers, so this is very understanding. I hope it can help you.

Figtree3 and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  14. bikerbon

bikerbon New Member

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. So are you saying this is modern pottery? after 1990'S?

Figtree3 likes this.
  15. MR.YANG

MR.YANG New Member

yes,
    And it is not a manual pull embryo, but belongs to the grouting.

Draft saved Draft deleted