Folk art anatomical gentlemen's erotic pocket toy or mass produced?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Kari Green, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Kari Green

Kari Green Member

Ok, I have searched and searched online, used every word combination known to google on this interesting piece and have had NO LUCK finding anything remotely close to it. So I am starting to think it might be handmade folk art???? The outside casing is some kind of alloy. I thought maybe tin but it seems to tough for tin plus does tin with age have a patena that color? It is not heavy weighing a few grams. I'm pretty sure it is from the mid to late 1800s because of the little carving on the inside is a really, really, early plastic I think? I do not see any criss-cross marks so I do not think its ivory nor do I think its bone. I could be wrong and if I am please let me know but I really feel that the little carving on the inside is either a composite of some sort or a very early plastic. It is about 1 1/2 inches tall and wide when it is closed. The little man on the inside, of course, moves back in forth with a button on the outside of the case. Possibly French or early industrial American because of the way it is put together made me think machine shop. There is some damage to the little guy with a crude attempt to fix him that happened before I bought the piece. I'm wondering if anyone knows how much a repair like that could affect selling the piece if I should decide to sell it? Any knowledge on this would be much appreciated. IMG_E7381.jpg IMG_E7391.jpg

kyratango and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

WOW!:wideyed:
    This is known as a 'naughty'.

kyratango likes this.
  3. KingofThings

I can't enlarge these. Would you please do this always :) >>>
    ~
    FULL IMAGE.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    kyratango and judy like this.
  4. Kari Green

Kari Green Member

Yes, I know, but I really would like to find out about it. Am able to post this on here?

5. Kari Green

Kari Green Member

6. KingofThings

Yes, I think it should be ok. There are some younger folk here but we don't see them much. A mod may talk with you about it.
    Others will be along to help. :)

kyratango and judy like this.
  7. KingofThings

kyratango likes this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well....it's kinda on the boarder of what some of our more conservative members may find ...not to their high moral standards.......& the silly thing is to get a good look at it we'd be asking for better close ups of the material and case......but close ups may bring the sexual nature into better focus......and get some members all hot and bothered.....;):jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::woot::woot::woot::woot::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

9. Kari Green

Kari Green Member

Thanks, here is a bigger picture I had to go resize it. IMG_E7381.jpg

10. KingofThings

YAY! Thank you! :)

kyratango and buyingtime777 like this.
  11. Kari Green

Kari Green Member

12. Kari Green

Kari Green Member

13. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Interesting little thing, Kari. Don't think we've seen such with that kind of holder before.

Your title is more than sufficient to alert anyone of a sensitivity to such images to pass this thread by.

14. KingofThings

kyratango likes this.
  15. Bakersgma

Does the "peg" sticking out operate to open and shut the case?

KingofThings likes this.
  16. Kari Green

Kari Green Member

I was hoping the title would warn people that would be offended! So thank you for putting my mind at ease about this post! I was nervous posting it but I have to find out what, where, when, how it was made and who made it! I have become obsessed a little with it!

17. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

I bet it moves the 'gentleman' ...back and forth :rolleyes:

18. Kari Green

Kari Green Member

No, it just flips open. The little lever only moves the little man back and forth.

judy, Bakersgma and KingofThings like this.
  19. Bakersgma

I think I just answered my own question (now that I can see from the new images that it's attached to the plastic. Does it pop the plastic out of the case?

judy and KingofThings like this.
  20. KingofThings

:)
    Some will have more info for you just give them time to pop by. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted