Floor Standing Iron Candelabra Help

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Shaun Palmer, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Shaun Palmer

Shaun Palmer New Member

Hello
    I recently acquired this from a local antique place
    It is thought to be a manor hand crafted candelabra, that would have been made on site by workers at a manor house, probably late Victorian/early Edwardian or so I was told.
    I was wondering if anyone had any more information about it or have seen any others before 316272277_10159905927086084_6457202454361053683_n.jpg

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

This kind of thing was used in churches, funeral homes, etc. Suppose it could be used in a home as well. No reason to believe this was not comercially made.

johnnycb09 and Shaun Palmer like this.
  3. Shaun Palmer

Shaun Palmer New Member

Thanks for the input :) I would of thought there'd be more info and pictures online if they we're commercial but I'm yet to find anything. I don't suppose you would know a rough date range they we're used in those places?

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Styling and materials on this suggest 20s-50s. Search standing candelabra to find more examples. I am not finding much with the combination of wrought iron and bent steel bar stock that yours has. Here is one that I believe to be older than yours.
    [​IMG]
    The styling on yours is more art deco in form. The way your candle cups are made also suggests later.

Shaun Palmer likes this.