Featured Fishing and hunting licenses

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Desertau, Jun 27, 2024 at 6:40 PM.

1. Desertau

Desertau Well-Known Member

My grandfather loved to hunt and fish, so much so he saved most all his old licenses and stamps the first hunting one is 1920 and the fishing licenses start in 1925. There are too many to post them all here so most are posted as thumbnails but if there is something specific you are interested in I can look for it and add that. IMG_2024-06-27-142518.png IMG_2024-06-27-142418.jpeg IMG_2024-06-27-142432.jpeg IMG_2024-06-27-142741.jpeg IMG_2024-06-27-142659.png

komokwa, sabre123, lovewrens and 3 others like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

A long time ago someone posted a bunch of old fishing and hunting licenses, asking if they were worth listing. As I recall, they did very well indeed! (@cxgirl )?

komokwa, Figtree3, sabre123 and 3 others like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

The things we save. Ive got all the library cards I collected living all over the place. Who knows why i keep them but every now and then I look at them and remember the places.

komokwa, Figtree3, sabre123 and 3 others like this.
  4. Desertau

for me these a memories fishing with my grandad but my kids never knew him I’m not sure they’d care the same as I do, so maybe some day if money is tight I’d think about it.

5. Desertau

me too.

6. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

California ones seem to do the best of any state

sabre123, cxgirl and Desertau like this.
  7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

yes, that was me and they did very well:) I sold them in 2015, I can't remember the exact amounts but I think some went over $100USA each

those are very cool Desertau, nice memories for you and maybe one of your kids:)

komokwa, Figtree3, sabre123 and 2 others like this.
  8. Desertau

Great information I thank you very much for the help!

komokwa and cxgirl like this.
  9. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Those are amazing. Love them

komokwa and Desertau like this.
  10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

the ones I sold were all from California, that is probably why they went so high:)

komokwa likes this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If those were Grandpa's, I'd hang onto them but also keep an eye on what they're worth. That way no one gets an attack of the doofuses and tosses them out because they don't want them around any more taking up space!

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted