FINALLY! Some PGP sales!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bdigger, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

It's been a real sales drought for me lately. Last thing I sold was a beater attachemnt for an old Hamilton Beach stand mixer! No G;ass has been selling since Mid May! But today I had a set of Vaseline Plates sell for the BIN Price, and just accepted an offer for a pair of Waterford Flutes. Didn't go for as much as I had hoped, but there is a profit involved, so I'm OK with that! I'm just glad to have sold anything after a serious drought. The cupboard was getting pretty darn bear!

2. Bdigger

It was getting bare too! LOL <blush>

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  3. rro2000

rro2000 Active Member

Good for you!! Hope the trend continues for all sellers. :)

4. Bdigger

OK.......things are getting pleasantly weird......got a bid on something i have had listed almost constantly for 4 weeks and an offer on another item. I just find it strange that it has been so slow for weeks. Then all of a sudden 4 items in one day. Not complaining..... Just surprised. I was going to stop listing for awhile after this batch closed.....but now i'm rethinking that

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I have had a pretty good past couple of days also. I have sold several items that had been listed multiple times before & that I listed during the last couple of free listing offers I got from ebay. I decided to list just about everything even if it had just been listed & not sold. I rationalized that maybe the person who might want it did not look last week & they can't buy it if I don't have it out there for sale. Also if ebay is going to give me all these extra listings why not take advantage of them when it is just a matter of a few mouse clicks to get them listed.

This is when I really see the value of using Auctiva. I have listings written for auction style, auction/BIN style or BIN/BO style saved, so no matter what the offer I just go in & check the ones available. The majority of them got listed without any changes as a test to see what would happen & while it was just a few things it took me literally just a few minutes of time to get them listed. Also each item produced a profit, some were a very lucrative one. :D I also very rarely delete a listing from my saved listings even after it sells, because you never know when you will happen upon the item again & if it did very well the listing is already written.

I have decided not to question the timing of these sales even though there are the conspiracy theorists who blame ebay's rolling black-outs & just happily deposit the money in my checking account. ;):joyful::happy:

6. Bdigger

I just fininshed packing and printing labels for the items that sold! What a Challenge! with 10 cats in the house, you can imagine the CHAOS that ensues when the boxes and packing peanuts come out! Dozer....who is our most rambunctous, curious and outgoing Kitty has to be into everything ,to see if it might suit him in some way. We Bottle Raised him from 1 week old (see avatar pic), and he is my shadow. The clacking and whirring of the printer is like catnip for him. Boxes and packing peanuts are his preferred hideouts. Packing was like......Wrap Glass, remove cat from box, place glass in box. Wrap next piece, remove cat(s) from box, Pick up scattered packing peanuts, remove cat(s) from box again. LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted