Filigree Perfume Bottles w/Matching Tray & Frame Combo

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Apr 26, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a thrift store yesterday - is there any way to tell if it's old or a new knock off?
    Was it a good buy with 1 bottle missing a stopper?
    It looks like there's a metal/gold flower bud inside each bottle like the top of the stopper?
    Also, the base can be a tray for the bottles or it has a folding "leg" to display a photo - like a table top picture frame - or there are to rings at the top so it can be hung on a wall.
    Any thoughts or information on these would be a great help & greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

PERFUME BOTTLES & FRAME 1AA.JPG
    PERFUME BOTTLES & FRAME 1AAA.JPG PERFUME BOTTLES & FRAME 1CAAA.JPG PERFUME BOTTLES & FRAME 1CAAAA.JPG PERFUME BOTTLES & FRAME 2AA.JPG PERFUME BOTTLES & FRAME 4AAA.JPG PERFUME BOTTLES & FRAME 5AA.JPG PERFUME BOTTLES & FRAME 5BAA.JPG PERFUME BOTTLES & FRAME 5BAAA.JPG PERFUME BOTTLES & FRAME 6AA.JPG

pearlsnblume and stracci like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Screams fifties or sixties to me.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yes, and I think perhaps that's a picture frame and not a tray because it's asymmetrical.

Debora

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

What in the world is inside them?

pearlsnblume and Aquitaine like this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I agree with @Ownedbybear. I think this style was made by Stylebuilt. It could have also been made by Matson but these usually marked them on the bottom. Guildcrest was another maker but the ones I've seen of theirs are not usually this heavy.

pearlsnblume and Ownedbybear like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted