Featured Filigree silver rath w/ 3 horses. Sterling?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by verybrad, Aug 27, 2024.

1. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Excuse the quick pic on my stovetop :shame: See quite a few of these and everyone says sterling but no marks or proof of such. Only evidence of tarnish is on the front legs of the horses, so maybe coated otherwise. Still being made and most prices found are in rupees. Found one on ebay with 2 horses listed at $200.00 and one on worthpoint for which I have no subscription. Found a couple at real high prices. Any ideas about these? Worth removing and weighing?

20240824_184813~2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2024
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I rather like that. I think the figures are possibly silver,but the base looks like chrome to me.

pearlsnblume, sabre123 and verybrad like this.
  3. verybrad

Base is not silver. Chrome with plastic. Red felt over masonite. Rath is screwed down. Not sure how the horses are attched.

johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

if silver....loose the feathers......makes it look cheap !!

5. verybrad

6. verybrad

Seems this is the rath (chariot) of Shri Krishna and Arjuna. Part of intricate stories regarding these two. I can't say I really understand any of this nor do I understand the significance of owning such a thing. Help!!!???

[​IMG]

@Any Jewelry

7. verybrad

8. komokwa

@Kronos ........ if you would , please !:)

9. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Can't at the moment. My account is locked. Tried logging in on my phone with the wrong email and they locked it seemingly permanently. I can't use the password reset because the email I used to sign up a long time ago isn't in service anymore and the worthpoint website doesn't let you change that, ever. I've emailed a couple times now with no response.. I've heard its basically impossible to contact them.

Such a horribly set up service. I have the right login/password now and it still won't let me in because of the "lock".

10. komokwa

sorry to hear that.........
    I had the same problem on G-mail....... an old out of service email...;):(:(:(

11. komokwa

I was so mad with Bell, that I cancelled my old package and my email.....but didn't think as to where that might bite me in the ass one day.....!!!!!

Aquitaine, verybrad and johnnycb09 like this.
  12. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Has it already been more than 24 hours since you made the erroneous entry? Sometimes you have to wait to try again.

13. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

This is just a generalization from experience with jewellery. Countries that wouldn't dream of using less than18k gold, except maybe for tourist stuff, tend to be somewhat dismissive of silver and use 800 or even lower. India is in this category.

14. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Take it in for testing or buy your own test kit :)

verybrad and johnnycb09 like this.
  15. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

worthpoint seems to be currently active on this board page, responding in a day or so. I hope this can help.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.worthpoint.com

16. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Well, its been more than 24 hours by now. Emailed yesterday and today with no replies. I guess I should try calling tomorrow. I noticed they are now asking $28.99 a month for new signups. I'm at $24.99, and remember when it was like around $15 a month... Sucks that every company now is basically following the same script of raising rates, cutting services while worsening the user experience, and gutting customer service.

17. komokwa

Indeed !
    the inflation , post pandemic seems to be a licence for dramatic price increase across the board......... everyone wants to make up what they think they lost.

verybrad likes this.
  18. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

19. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

They got back to me and reset my password. I guess that wasn't too bad really, time wise. Gotta see if I can get my email changed now.

20. verybrad

Thanks much!

kyratango, johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted