Fenton Fentec Blue and Green Footed Bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Sep 7, 2022.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

At first I thought this was going to be a Jeanette fentec blue and green bowl, but I believe I have a fenton Fentec Blue and Green Footed Bowl. Dimensions are about 7" top dia. x 3 1/8" tall. In the middle of the bowl looks like an encircled number 11. There are some loss spots of the green blue that show clear glass. I was wondering what the name of loss spots or specs of the green blue that results in the showing of clear glass is called? I found others in my research like the following that also had loss spots of green blue that show clear glass on the bowl too as follows: Vintage Fenton Fentec Blue to Green Footed Bowl | eBay I read where this person wrote in her description the word flashed. Thank you for the information request. Rob
    IMG_1254small.JPG IMG_1257small.JPG IMG_1258small.JPG IMG_1259small.JPG IMG_1261small.JPG

2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    pearlsnblume and *crs* like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The painted on colors wear off easily and what you are seeing are spots where that wear has occurred. Be very careful washing it - don't soak it and whatever you do don't put it in the dishwasher or the color will really start to peel.

TallCakes, Bakersgma and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. rknarr2

ok, I did that once before where I took a dark painted candle jar and put it in the dishwasher and it was so bad from peeling. Rob

5. rknarr2

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Fenton did not make this pattern as far as I am aware. Fentec was originally produced by McKee circa 1907. The pattern was then reproduced by Jeannette in the 1950's/1960's. You have the Jeannette version. Here's a link to a page about the original production. https://www.eapgs.net/pattern-details.php?idx=448

7. rknarr2

So, this ebayer is wrong about having a fenton fentec? http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5337485078&toolid=10001&mpre=Vintage Fenton Fentec Blue to Green Footed Bowl | eBay

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Lucille.b likes this.
  9. rknarr2

I see the McKee
    I thought McKee was the original producer of Fentec. Did Fenton make Fentec, too?

Draft saved Draft deleted