Featured Federal and Jeannette Glass Dates

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Oct 29, 2022.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I picked up a couple of pieces of pretty glass, but there is absolutely no consistency on dates on the web. I am hoping for some insights here. Can anyone help?
    • Jeannette Poodle Covered Dish. Has a mark, but not like one that I could find anywhere. Or is it a copy?
    thumbnail_IMG_7143.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7144.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7145.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7146.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7150.jpg

• Federal Iridescent Petal Dish - 9 inches. This is so beautiful in person. The glass is so polished, it feels like silk. I love glass with this feel. The iridescence springs off the bowl. When was this produced?
    thumbnail_IMG_7152.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7153.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7155.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7158.jpg

Any assistance is so appreciated.

BoudiccaJones, judy, ola402 and 4 others like this.
  2. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

3. KikoBlueEyes

Celestial. I like that. I saw some with a 1960's date. I think they came from the same donation, so 1960s make sense for both. Thank you.

4. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

You're welcome

judy, KikoBlueEyes and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Haven't seen that poodle before. Mostly see deer.

judy, bercrystal and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

judy, bercrystal and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  7. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

8. KikoBlueEyes

It was only on the shelf for a few minutes, when I spotted it. Otherwise, I would never have seen one either. :)

judy, moreotherstuff and bercrystal like this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

That's the puppy (pun intended). I did some research before posting and found Jeannette marks, but the only thing I found were the dots. Interesting that depression glass was not marked. I can't tell which is real, so while they have pieces all the time, I don't buy it. Thank you.

10. KikoBlueEyes

11. pearlsnblume

judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  12. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I added this page to my favorites. I have been fooled so many times on EAPG and ABP glass at first, I am very wary now. They have several pieces of Depression looking glass in all shapes, colors, etc. I look for wear, but other than that . . ..

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  13. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Good information . I just so happen to be going to an auction in a week where they have the deer, poodle and one other that i could not tell from the pictures. Those three are the main reason I am going. Plus it is right around the corner from my house! I will let you know if I pick them up.

14. KikoBlueEyes

Great. Will be happy to see what you get. Please post some pictures.

15. pearlsnblume

Kiko I am terrible at EAPG and ABP glass. I don't even dabble in depression glass that is see thru but has a color to it because the patterns drive me nuts.

I stuck with McKee, Jeannette in mostly delphite and jadite for my collection. There are so many repro's now, but when I started there were so few of them.
    I still can not tell the difference between a Fire King Jadite vintage scalloped top flower vase and the new ones.
    Unless the color is so off or looks odd, than I know it is not old.
    I will say this, I see many of the repro's selling for more than the vintage ones.

16. KikoBlueEyes

I hear you. But I love the learning process, and I don't buy (mostly) too dear. I, too, am overwhelmed at Depression glass. I haven't seen anything except red, pink and green in the wild.
    I buy to own, but I'm going to have to start selling off some things, because after four years of hanging around here, my shelves are full. :D:D:D:D

17. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

When I used to go to auctions, I saw the Deer example all the time. It was the most common. The Poodle I've seem from time to time but not often. The 3rd one was a donkey and that one, I've never seen in person that I can remember). @Lark Be sure to check their ears, as they are often chipped. On the Poodle and the Donkey, I would get it anyway because they're harder to find (if the chip isn't too bad and the color is good). If you see a chip, be sure to loudly exclaim "Oh! This one is chipped, what a shame!" *LOL*

Lark, judy, pearlsnblume and 2 others like this.
  18. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Red Depression glass depending on the pattern can be a very good thing. ;):happy::happy:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ss+&_osacat=0&_sop=16&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_sop=16&LH_PrefLoc=2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_sop=16&LH_PrefLoc=2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

https://www.ebay.com/sch/870/i.html...old=1&rt=nc&Brand=Cambridge%20Glass&_dcat=870

19. KikoBlueEyes

20. KikoBlueEyes

I want the swan.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted