Featured Fancy Raspberry Red & Clear Sommerso Vase with Flipped Ends

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Curioser, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Curioser

Curioser Well-Known Member

Okay, probably not good terminology but I'm trying to figure out who made this heavy, hand-blown (mouth blown?) vase. It's almost 9" high (23 cm) and the clear base and sides are solid. There are no marks, bottom is polished.

Image search brought up Italian and Swedish designs. Does this seem to be the work of a particular maker? And would sommerso be a correct term? Or only IF this is Italian.

Many thanks! Sommerso_pink_clear_loop_vase_1.JPG Sommerso_pink_clear_loop_vase_2.JPG Sommerso_pink_clear_loop_vase_3.JPG

moreotherstuff, mmarco102 and Bronwen like this.
  2. Curioser

moreotherstuff likes this.
  3. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Yes to Sommerso meaning sunken or submerged - my first thought was Chalet glass from Canada but Cusioser is probably correct about Onesto. Some Chalet was signed - but I have come across numerous pieces that were not.

4. Curioser

Oh, thank you! I'm not familiar with Chalet so I will look. Sommerso sounds good, so I'll use that in my search!

Draft saved Draft deleted