Featured Ever seen one? Vintage "open sesame wonder bar" tabletop bar w/doors that open when you open drawer

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Mar 24, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever seen one of these? I found it at a thrift store yesterday; when you open the drawer under the doors, the door open too!
    I googled 'open sesame' and 'wonder bar' but all I found was a you tube video of one '1950's (mine must be older - it has 1963 Bert Piels coasters to set your drink on) open sesame liquor cabinet wonder bar' - but not another anywhere for sale or sold or with info - there was a message that said something like "to see one go here" and a link to eBay, but when I clicked on it eBay came up with a Sorry we can't find this anywhere.
    Is this that rare?
    Is it valuable?
    It is a cute trick - and probably gets cuter the more you drink!
    Any information would be greatly appreciated!

FURNITURE BAR WONDER BAR OPEN SESAME TABLE TOP 1AR.JPG FURNITURE BAR WONDER BAR OPEN SESAME TABLE TOP 2AR 9AA.JPG FURNITURE BAR WONDER BAR OPEN SESAME TABLE TOP 6AA.JPG FURNITURE BAR WONDER BAR OPEN SESAME TABLE TOP 6AAA.JPG FURNITURE BAR WONDER BAR OPEN SESAME TABLE TOP 4AR.JPG FURNITURE BAR WONDER BAR OPEN SESAME TABLE TOP 4AA.JPG FURNITURE BAR WONDER BAR OPEN SESAME TABLE TOP 4XAR.JPG FURNITURE BAR WONDER BAR OPEN SESAME TABLE TOP BAR 9A_AA.JPG FURNITURE BAR WONDER BAR OPEN SESAME TABLE TOP BAR 9AA.JPG FURNITURE BAR WONDER BAR OPEN SESAME TABLE TOP BAR 9AAA.JPG

cxgirl, Aquitaine, johnnycb09 and 2 others like this.
  2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Who the heck would get rid of that?????

3. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Good grief! Did it come with the contents? Or did you fill it for advertising?

5. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

6. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

7. journeymagazine

Aah! I added to cart to see shipping cost & there was none; I backed out!
    Contents came with it - all for $29.99!

8. xaviusmaximus

xaviusmaximus New Member

any updates? I just acquired one from an estate sale for 20 bucks.

9. journeymagazine

I sold it a while ago - I don't remember amount, sorry.

10. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Love it!
    I have a mid-20th century jewelry box with a similar "open sesame" function.

Draft saved Draft deleted