Ethan Allen bedroom set, I think?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Bandrews33, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Bandrews33

Bandrews33 New Member

I have a bedroom set that I believe to be Ethan Allen from the early to mid-70s. I don’t know much about it, for starters. What would be the best way to go about selling it, as anything having to do with antique is completely foreign to me.

Also have footboard and headboard that seems to match, but not pictured. Small drawers for dresser in the larger drawers and I forgot to install them before taking pictures.

Any info or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

US furniture from that period should have a maker's logo inside at least 1 drawer in a dresser. Have you looked?

johnnycb09 likes this.
  3. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Vintage 1970s. Mid-century in date, traditional in form. Basically just used furniture. Others may know more, but I don’t think there’s much demand for this.

komokwa, verybrad and johnnycb09 like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

on line locally, for pick up, cash only !

johnnycb09 likes this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Vintage, definitely not antique.
    If Ethan Allen, it would be marked… Often inside a drawer, as someone has already mentioned.
    Unfortunately, it’s not a generally desired style of vintage furniture, even if it was Ethan Allen. IMHO, you’d be lucky to get $200 for the entire set on your local Facebook Marketplace. At least, that would be the case in my suburban area of the Midwest US. This is the type of thing that I see donated to the local thrift store.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
    verybrad, komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Definitely 70s,faux colonial ! Nobody wants dark wood anymore,nor do they want massive pieces.That being said,you never know these days so why not list it on FB ?

Ghopper1924 and komokwa like this.
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree with all the above. Just used furniture and out of fashion. Get what you can for it and don't look back.

komokwa likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

What he said. It's good quality furniture. Sturdy, holds up to pets and kids. Resale however is in the tank. It wasn't high style in its day and still isn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted