Etched Safari Animals Glass Bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, May 31, 2016.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Any idea who the maker might be?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lauragarnet and cxgirl like this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

3. kardinalisimo

Isn't Scully a retailer? They don't day the maker.

4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Yes they are. Here is a blurb about Queen Lace from their page. I believe the items sell on the name Scully and Scully.
    I'm not sure if your piece is from them but they sure look similar
    Queen Lace crystal is entirely handblown, handcut and handpolished in Germany. It is then engraved with the rare Copper-Wheel technique developed during the Renaissance. A single engraving takes more than 24 hours to complete.
    http://www.scullyandscully.com/tabl...e/queen-lace/queen-lace-large-safari-bowl.axd

5. kardinalisimo

Thanks. I looked up some Queen Lace pieces and it seems to be a good candidate. But I don't know if I can attribute the bowl to them just by resemblance.

6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I've been looking and can't find the exact bowl. I was hoping to find some catalogues on-line but struck out.
    Your bowl certainly looks like it is a quality piece - the trees and the grass seem to be the same.
    They are still in business, might be worth it to contact them and see if it is one they sold.

7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

cxgirl likes this.
  8. kardinalisimo

Thanks to all of you. I was just about to email Queen Lace but I guess I can trust the R site.
    By the way, I think that if I list it low starting auction style, it may not sell well. So mybe buy now with best offer. What do you think?

9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I would do a buy-it-now with best offer too, auctions seem to be slow these days.

10. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Kard, I, too, think a buy-it-now is probably the way to go.

Last year, I saw a VERY special, limited edition Orrefors bowl on eBay... I had bought the very same bowl many long years ago as a gift for a special friend. I paid $450 fot it at Bloomingdales.

The eBay listing started at $25... With some "bidding up" competition, I bought it for $40 or so...

Had the bowl been listed with a much higher "buy-it-now", I probably would have bought it anyway. At $40+/-, it was an absolutely steal.

-C-

11. kardinalisimo

Recently Buy Now works better for me for some items.
    By the way, I think the R site may have it wrong. Now to me it seems more likely that the maker is Roland Ward.

cxgirl likes this.
  12. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Both are very similar. I would still contact Scully and see if they did this - I think Scully would sell for more money.

Draft saved Draft deleted