etched mark on Crystoleum print

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by charlie cheswick, Oct 11, 2024 at 3:48 PM.

1. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Hi Folks

can anyone read or work out the etched mark on this crystoleum print
    had it for a while but it needed to cleaned and photographed before sale, its also under 2 panes of glass so getting a decent picture has been a nightmare

any help appreciated

re36.jpg re11.jpg
    held up to light
    re10.jpg re9.jpg re17.jpg re19.jpg

komokwa and sabre123 like this.
  2. charlie cheswick

presume the dark writing beneath the etched mark is the title of the original painting or artist

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I can read "1884" in the last line. Ah, the internet says the artist is Cuno von Bodenhausen and looks like his signature is "C. von Bodenhausen." Above is München and above that dunno.

Debora

charlie cheswick likes this.
  4. charlie cheswick

very helpful thanks Deb, i though the bottom line of the etched mark might be Nymph

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

There are a lot of these floating around the internet. I suspect someone has a copy where imprinting more legible. The name of the printer, for instance, above city.

Debora

charlie cheswick likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted