Estimate value of this lamp

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by ProfileX, Jan 29, 2022.

1. ProfileX

ProfileX New Member

Hi, this is my first post, I read the rules but please be nice if I mess up:nailbiting:

I bought a house that's furnished with some things I like that I'm just curious about, and others that I want to donate or sell.

Any guesses on the value or background of this lamp? I think the inscription is German, the fonts are hard to read but maybe something like "douder wiege bis zur bahre jst der truuk das einzig wahre" which might be "douder cradle to grave, the truuk is the only true thing".

Thanks!

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @ProfileX, we don't usually don't usually do outright valuations, but WILL help you find where to LOOK!!! Right now, I'm going to turn your images upright..... much easier on all eyes!!! AND others WILL be along....Are there any identifying marks on the base that we also should see?? Or any information that would help US to help YOU! Thanks!! OH, and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!!

469E81F0-C7D6-48A9-92E6-0EF1E574ED37.jpeg

BC977A7E-0C9E-47C0-A0AF-A67C1F7889F2.jpeg

5D3E77DB-DE15-43D2-82B9-70B523906D76.jpeg

Born2it and komokwa like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Looks like it was created by stacking various pieces of tableware together. Any marks on the bottom piece? I suspect 20th century creation. I see there are a few numbers or letters on some that are shown in closeup.

A European tour souvenir.

judy, komokwa and Houseful like this.
  4. mark737

mark737 Well-Known Member

Von der Wiege bis zur Bahre ist der Trunk das einzig Wahre! From the cradle to the grave, drink is the only reality.

Potteryplease, judy, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

How is the tankard attached to the base? If undamaged, it may be worth more than as a lamp.

judy, Fid and komokwa like this.
  6. ProfileX

ProfileX New Member

It wasn't obvious how to rotate the images while adding them, I went back & rotated them in the media but they're still the same after editing the post above.

The only marks I see are stickers, "Lp 168" and "1572R" (I didn't remove the felt on the bottom, the glue was already like that). The nut looks like it's only holding the cord conduit, I can't tell how the base is attached so probably just glue.

judy likes this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

komokwa, judy and Bakersgma like this.
  9. ProfileX

ProfileX New Member

Great info, thanks everyone:happy:

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted