Estate sale Pix - do you see what I see?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by evelyb30, Feb 14, 2024.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I love this estate sale runner, and the sale is the day before my birthday/day of. Usually she doesn't post pix of any jewelry, but scanning the pictures I saw something that made me say "I'm there!". Ten points to the first person who figures it out. @komokwa , @pearlsnblume and @NanaB probably have the best shot at it. The modern designer stuff and furniture didn't make me jump. The presale "designer" bits didn't either.

https://estatesales.org/estate-sale...117/online-and-inperson-west-hartford-2282247

2. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

Argh! There are 389 photos! That is cruel and unusual punishment for 10 points, lol.

judy likes this.
  3. evelyb30

You can completely ignore the last page.:p

4. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

ok, I'll bite...

grab every designer scarf u can get your paws on !

the India ' silver ' candle stick has my eye, as well as the brass elephant betel nut box, and the menorah next to it.

The Chanel clutches look good too.

the Matso plate?:playful:

6. evelyb30

The elephant box...except I was thinking it's an etrog. Even if it's a betel box it's still pretty good. I found a vintage olive wood one once and gave it to a local rabbi. His wife had always wanted a box but never had one. The scarves had zero appeal, and in any case will be stupidly priced.

komokwa likes this.
  7. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

I am on the road so I have something to do!

8. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

Oh the copper pots! For starters.

9. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

I see a challah cover and holder ( I remember the plexiglass when they became so popular. Are those Kaddish cups I see, aka sabbath cups?

evelyb30 likes this.
  10. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Estate sale the day before your birthday and on your birthday??

You've gotta go! Maybe both days.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  11. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

I see 388 things I wouldn't buy.....lol

12. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

And the crystal Star of David

13. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

Ok, a menorah has a total of 9, one for each night & the worker! After looking on my phone at the pics, my eyes were going cross eyed!

14. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That Hermes balloon scarf is dodgy.

15. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it is betel-related. Indian sites sell those Dhokra elephant and Nandi boxes as jewellery boxes.
    Which means it is probably not of interest to betel paraphernalia collectors, but more home decor. So count on a lower value than a betel nut box.

808 raver likes this.
  16. komokwa

let's get Jewish !!;):happy::happy:

The menorah is a seven-branched candelabrum that is described in the Hebrew Bible and in later ancient sources as having been used in the Tabernacle and in the Temple in Jerusalem.

[​IMG]

The Talmud states that it is prohibited to use a seven-lamp menorah outside of the Temple. A Hanukkah menorah therefore has eight main branches, plus the raised ninth lamp set apart as the shamash (servant) light which is used to kindle the other lights.

17. komokwa

18. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

Yes you are correct. And I know this. ‍♀️

komokwa likes this.
  19. komokwa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yer right.....someone mentioned betel nut and I ran with it.........knowing full well it was not an Etrog box........I went with it and shouldn't have !!!!! :sorry::sorry::sorry:

bercrystal and Any Jewelry like this.
  20. evelyb30

There is however a pretty bit of slag glass sitting behind it. It's probably 1970s.

NIB to boot. Someone got a birthday or Channukah gift and left it the way it came.

I'm lucky if I find a real Metropolitan Museum of Art souvenir scarf. That said, I blind-lucked into a vintage Louis Vuitton wallet sold as a fake once. Weird stuff turns up.

Ownedbybear likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted