Enthusiastic collector

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sunitha, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Sunitha

Sunitha New Member

I love antiques and have been cool extinguisher Asian vases and Meissen figurines, both of whom I am in love with.

However, I have burnt my fingers quite a few times with Asian antiques. There are so many fakes out there that it is like swimming amidst sharks:) on a lighter note, some replicas are so beautiful that I still enjoy having them.

I am hoping that I can draw upon the immense resources that the members of this forum have. Thank you.

Pattywithay, Bingamum and Ce BCA like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Welcome, Sunitha! Thank you so much for joining us. And, yes indeed. You'll find lots of knowledgable people here.

Debora

Sunitha likes this.
  3. Sunitha

Sunitha New Member

Debora, first question (I am a computer dummy)

How do I attach an image? Thanks for your welcome message.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Every new member asks that question, Sunitha! Someone has developed a very helpful stock response. They'll be along shortly, I'm sure, to share.

Debora

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Hi There. I assume you have seen this link about how to present your items here, if not here it is.
    Posting a thread and uploading pictures. | Antiques Board (antiquers.com)

Make a new post for each item or related group on the forum that specializes in that item such as the Pottery, Glass and Porcelain Forum.

Many new members have trouble uploading photos because they exceed the photo limit of 1MB. Here are some instructions on what to do.

The first ones relate to how to upload from a phone:

Email your photo to yourself selecting size Medium. This will do the trick.

Here are two threads about how to resize pictures based on your phone type, if you need more help.Resizing Photos On I-Phone | Antiques Board (antiquers.com)Using an Android Phone For Pics on Antiquers | Antiques Board

If you are using a computer:
    Then depending on what type of computer you have you can resize them. If you have windows 10, download them and then go to the bottom where the folder is; find the photo in downloads. Click on it and then right click it. You should see a resize option.

On a iMac, @cheersdeers recommends drag pics to desktop, double click on them, click on Tools and then Adjust Size by as much as half.

When you post your pictures, please make sure you click on Insert as "Full Image" at the top of your pictures

Good luck. we're help to help you

komokwa, pearlsnblume and sabre123 like this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Sunitha!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

welcome.......

we are like a balm....or salve .....for those fingers..:playful::playful::playful:;)

hamptonauction likes this.
  8. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted