Encased Porcelain Bowl Tuscany Collection ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Suzy60us, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

I bought this because of the unusual decoration, the Japanese Warrior, and the Shillito's Sample Sticker.
    Who or what is The Tuscany Collection? BTW the Shillito Logo was discontinued in 1982. Do you think this might be a one of a kind?

japanese porcelain 001.JPG japanese porcelain 009.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  2. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Can't really help much but it's Toscany not Tuscany and you will get results with a search using Toscany :)

KingofThings likes this.
  3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

WHAT is that person on the horse carrying? Looks like a giant shashlik!

The whole thing is just adorable!

komokwa likes this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

We imported heavily from Hong Kong in the late 60s early 70s.
    These pewter rimmed bowls were very popular.

However, the Toscany label appears to be newer. So I do not think your item dates to that time period.

When did Hong Kong go back to China? I think it is going to date to that period.
    Only my guess.

Edit -
    Well if I would learn to read the whole post before I answer, I would see that you think it is from the 1980s. Sorry.

5. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you. Clutteredcloset, I cannot find when Toscany Imports, Ltd. was founded. They were in business in 1982. I thought it was Mid Century. I don't know what the warrior is holding but a did look up shashlik....

silverthwait likes this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I would think the Toscany Collection is the importer/wholesaler.

Draft saved Draft deleted