Featured Edo period Japanese kimono Textile, more info?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by KLS5, Jul 10, 2021.

1. KLS5

KLS5 Member

Hi all! This was my parents. Other than the marker which says Child’s Kimono Edo Period, I know nothing about it textile wise nor a date range within the edo period. The designs are interesting. It’s been framed like this since the late 70s. I played with editing to attempt to show more detail. Thank you!

upload_2021-7-10_20-37-33.jpeg upload_2021-7-10_20-37-33.jpeg upload_2021-7-10_20-37-33.jpeg upload_2021-7-10_20-37-33.jpeg

Dyrektoressa, Bingamum, judy and 4 others like this.
  2. Tahmoor girl

Tahmoor girl Active Member

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I love it, KLS.:) Our knowledgeable Japanese member @SoKiku will probably be able to tell us more.

KLS5, judy and Figtree3 like this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Were your parents the ones who identified it for the framer to include the information on the label? What is the history of their acquisition of it? Very nice color!

KLS5 and judy like this.
  5. KLS5

KLS5 Member

Hi, thank you for the question! They purchased it at a well known auction house and their interior designer arranged the framing.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted