Ebay shipping delay?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bluemoon, Mar 2, 2017.

1. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

I feel stupid complaining about this, but I bought something on ebay early in the morning yesterday. I paid the item immediately and the seller has 100% positive feedback and many compliment fast shipping but I haven't heard anything back from the seller.

The page that usually displays the estimated time of arrival, says this:

2017-03-02 16.03.33.png
    The info box claims:

2017-03-02 16.04.43.png

When I clicked on the "contact seller" option that finds solutions, and chose "I haven't received my order", this showed up:

2017-03-02 16.01.55.png

March 31st? What the hell?
    I wouldn't have bought the item nor paid such a price had I known the shipping would take so long. I can't find any information on the seller's page about any special delays or anything. What is this?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

Please have a little patience. If the seller consistently receives praise for fast shipping I would not be concerned yet. I put little faith in Ebay's "estimates" of anything.

3. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

If the order was from China---You have some time to wait.

4. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

No, nowhere that far away.

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Ebay is nuts. I ordered something last Fri. It was delivered on Mon. Ebay just sent me a note that I should receive the package on SAT. I only believe what I get from the seller NOTHING from ebay.
    greg

Figtree3, Christmasjoy and bluemoon like this.
  6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Bluemoon, you say you bought the item yesterday

but I haven't heard anything back from the seller. Not once.

Since it has only been 24 hours since you purchased the item, your questions or emails to the seller haven't had much time to be processed. And if you are referring to notification that an item was shipped, it says above that the seller ships within 2 days of receiving payment, so you are still within that window. For questions, Ebay gives sellers 1-2 business days to respond, so hold tight. I would be patient, I'm sure it will turn out fine.

Also, agree with Greg and others, this absence of shipping estimated time followed by a the March 31 info could very likely be an Ebay glitch. And if it is an Ebay problem, the seller may be confused on their end as well. Hang tight and best of luck!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Christmasjoy, bluemoon and cxgirl like this.
  7. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

I messaged the seller and they replied. As far as I understand, the package has now been sent today, or the delivery was booked at least.

Christmasjoy and Lucille.b like this.
  8. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

Some buyers do not appreciate unnecessary contact. It is a fine line a seller walks between making their buyer feel appreciated or "pestered". Your seller may take a minimalist approach with messages out of respect to those who do not want it.

Christmasjoy and bluemoon like this.
  9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

All a seller can do is let you know when an item was shipped. After that, it's up to the carrier. Estimated delivery times are based on past performance of the carrier, not the seller, and they are only estimates.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

If I were the seller, and was contacted by the buyer that soon, I would be thinking "Gee lady - I said I would ship within 2 days. Don't get your panties in a bunch!" - but that's just me.

Draft saved Draft deleted