eBay sellers - note massive category changes across the board!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Joe in PA, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

eBay is changing many of their categories (FOR ALL KINDS OF ITEMS LISTED ON EBAY) to eliminate, consolidate, and generalize many of them. For instance, all the specific art pottery sub-categories (e.g. Roseville, Rookwood, Van Briggle) are eliminated and they have picked one category to move them into (whether it applies to your item or not). Far below is a sample, with the ebay links below it.

For instance, not all Roseville is a vase, etc, so many time this assumption is wrong. Sellers should edit their listings to get them back in the right categories and eliminate any second categories that don't apply anymore (e.g. several months ago eBay eliminated the old "Art Deco" style category and I found many of my listings were under an "Antique Furniture" second category instead).

Using the eBay Bulk editor may make this job easier.

This change also makes it harder for buyers that liked to search in a specific sub-categories to eliminate items that they didn't want to see.

Just want to give everyone a heads up, since I didn't a posting about this yet- I'm not wanting to start an eBay gripe thread, easy to find plenty of those :), so I suggest we try to keep this thread helpful/informative in nature,

- Joe

P.S. don’t forget to edit any saved listing templates also

upload_2021-10-25_11-43-18.png upload_2021-10-25_11-43-18.png

October 2021
    We will release updates to our category structure from 12th October 2021. This is to provide a more intuitive buying, selling and search experience.

• These changes should ensure that your listings appear in the relevant categories. Buyers will find it quicker and easier to discover your items - especially on mobile devices.
    • When the category structure changes, your listings may be automatically moved to another category, based on the item specifications that you provided.
    • Aligning categories across international eBay sites will make cross-country trading on the eBay sites easier.
    Please note that changing the category structure in the affected categories might result in a change in the pricing fees in these categories.

Generally speaking, when your item(s) is moved to a new category with different final value fees, it will adopt the final value fees of that new category. Insertion fees and optional listing upgrade fees will also be based on the new destination category.

For changes in final value fees:

• If you are activated for managed payments any changes in final value fee will apply when the item(s) sell.
    • If you have not yet been activated for managed payments, any changes in final value fees will apply only when the item(s) sell after your listings renew or get relisted.
    For more information on selling fees, please refer to our selling fees article.

Preview US category changes

https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/categorychanges/preview2021.html
    https://pages.ebay.com/categorychanges/faq.html

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    DizzyDaff and cxgirl like this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry and sabre123 like this.
  3. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted