East Germany pots

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rink28, Mar 6, 2019.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Hi, my friends mom wanted more info on these pots so I figured I would post them here because I couldn't find much info online. I'm wondering who the maker is and what age? If anyone has any info that would be great. Thanks! I did not take these pics she sent these pics to me. image001.jpg image002.jpg

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Apologies for appearing dense but... How do you know these are from East Germany?

Debora

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

My mom's friend said that's where they came from. She had the pots before the Berlin Wall came down

judy, Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

They're marked DDR, so that would be right, right?

5. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Yeah they appear to be marked ddr but that other mark with the circle is hard to make out

judy, Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Ah, the faint upside-down mark is DDR. Got it.

Debora

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

They may be canisters if it looks in person like a lid might have been on them previously.

i need help, judy and komokwa like this.
  10. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the info! Greatly appreciated. I will let her know the information you all provided :)

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted