Earthenware Vessel, Old Or Not

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Sep 21, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

What do you think. If old, where from? About 9" tall.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

I vote new but u already know you'd better ignore my opinion on this kind of object. Looks like the basic shape was turned on a wheel then the handle and spout were smushed on, if that helps any. Looks like the deep crack in the lip occurred during firing and would have caused piece to be rejected right after it had cooled, so it wouldn't have gotten out into use. Base doesn't look right for something supposed to be very old.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  3. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

I would agree, and add that it looks like a souvenir item from the Mediterranean/Middle East area, not made for actual use, but designed basically like those that were.

Draft saved Draft deleted