Featured Early WWII Military Naval Flight Jacket Answers-Marine/Naval Aviator

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by bosko69, Jan 18, 2023.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Got a few old WWII Military Flight Jackets moldering away in your storage unit ? Want to get them ID'ed-here's the place to go: vintageleatherjackets.org .
    I had an old jacket a pal gave me 40 yrs ago after his dad passed-no labels/insignia.It was always a mystery to me-age etc.
    They nailed immediately-#1 'Pretty sure it's a Block M-422A:Gotta be M-422 series-
    zipper is early-war/thread-bound vent holes at the armpits, instead of grommets - a unique feature of the Blocks/salmon red lining, zipper construction and pockets shapes all match the Block.'
    #2 'Yep my guess is HL Block M422a. Red liner, Embroidered vent holes and the pocket shape. The stencil appears to have been removed and covered up by something with a lighter shade of brown. With the Brass M-39 talon it could be a M422 as well. JK1.jpg JK2.jpg JK11.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I wore one like it in my early days of coolness !;):cool::cool::cool:

3. bosko69

Yep-I member back in the 60's early 70's you could pretty much pick these up everywhere,even for free-like this one ! Now that I've lost 45 lbs in Weight Watchers it fits me again-don't know if I want to spend $200-$400 to get it expertly,authentically repaired w/ authentic NOS- FRIGGIN' COOL though !;):cool::cool::cool:-Slick & Sick Man !

komokwa likes this.
  4. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

5. bosko69

'Hogans Heroes'-The title credits were the first time I ever saw a depiction of a Pickelhaube !
    PS-Crane did have a nice jacket though.
    Pickelhaube.jpg

Rayo56 and Figtree3 like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I know nothing......I see nothing..........

Rayo56 and Figtree3 like this.
  7. bosko69

You can say that again... Hogans Heroes.jpg

Rayo56 and komokwa like this.
  8. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

I tried it - it don't work - still hauled off to pick up garbage on the highway - LOL!!!!!

9. bosko69

Sorry Schulzie, the long arm of the Law's got computers now.

Draft saved Draft deleted