Featured Early porcelain tea bowls,or not?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by afantiques, Jul 25, 2015.

1. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

They are certainly porcelain, but I do not know hard paste from soft paste, or even what it means really. No marks of any kind. They do appear to be hand painted.

1-P1040353.JPG

1-P1040354.JPG

Pat P, desperate_fun and gimbler-dave like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Earlier than 1840, I'd say. Late 18th into very early 19th. I think English, rather than Chinese, the glaze looks it. Nice, too.

4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Could even be porcelain finger bowls.

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

The one on the left looks like porcelain but the one on the right looks a lot more like earthenware (at least from the photo). Look at queens rose tea bowls for this pattern.

6. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

They are both translucent.

7. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I really like these. Love the colors and patterns and that they're hand-painted.

8. susie

susie Member

These certainly look English to me, typical early tea cups.

Draft saved Draft deleted