Early American Framed Lithograph Portraits (The Moyer Gallery)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Doug Ketcher, Oct 2, 2024 at 6:29 PM.

1. Doug Ketcher

Doug Ketcher Well-Known Member

Good Day, was wondering if I could get an opinion as to the timeframe of my artworks I recently purchased at an estate sale. They were listed as "Early American Framed Lithograph Portraits", but nothing more as to who it was a likeness of or even the timeframe it was created. They look amazing and the dimensions are: 10.5W x 2D x 13H. On the back, the professional framing business is listed as, "The Moyer Gallery" in Hartford Conn, but when I tried to look them up I could find no business-related info and it appears the company may have closed after the owner died (I found his obituary), but from what I have found online, the gallery usually worked with high-end antiques and valuable artworks. ANY info anyone can throw my way would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Early American Framed Antique Lithograph Portraits 10.5W 2D 13H - 1.jpg Early American Framed Antique Lithograph Portraits 10.5W 2D 13H - 2.jpg Early American Framed Antique Lithograph Portraits 10.5W 2D 13H - 5.jpg

2. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Late 1700s for the images by the looks of that fabulous collar and bonnet! Can't say on the actual prints though they have some crackle going which is interesting.

I would remove the paper dust cover and take them out to see if there's anything written on the back or mat-covered edges, and to better inspect them. They can be put back together with framer's points and new paper (if you want it... It's not critical to the piece).

Draft saved Draft deleted