Early 20th century upholstered chair

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Lassie48, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Lassie48

Lassie48 New Member

I have an old chair that I believe was made in the U.S. though there are no markings or labels. I'm guessing 1920's or 1930's. I've checked antique furniture books and they tend to focus on cabinetry and chairs where the woodwork is the focus. This is an upholstered chair with ottoman. I'd like to know it's age, what the style might be called, who might have manufactured it, and if there's any demand at all for old pieces like this. I'm not seeing anything like it online. Appreciate any thoughts. Chair.PNG

Bronwen likes this.
  2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I’m going to say later than the 20s or 30s - it doesn’t look bulky enough for those decades. Maybe 40s or even 50s.

James Conrad likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

No labels anywhere?

Debora

4. Lassie48

Lassie48 New Member

Thanks. I tried to search for 40's & 50's at one point and got mostly modern results. The search algorithms are really into modern. If there's a good search term to use for this style I'm open to suggestions.

5. Charlotte

Charlotte Member

Try searching for 1940s overstuffed chair.

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

wiscbirddog likes this.
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I am on board with a 40s date. Not really any collector value to this. Value is in its utility. In other words, used furniture. Some value with good upholstery. Virtually none if it needs to be reupholstered.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted