EAPG Pitcher - Looking for Pattern

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Sep 7, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone - I'm trying to figure out the pattern on this EAPG pitcher. It stands about 12 1/2" tall. I've searched the eapgs pages without success. It has a row of blocks and a rayed bottom. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Don

IMG_20180907_114912571.jpg IMG_20180907_115041523.jpg IMG_20180907_115050239.jpg IMG_20180907_121534281.jpg IMG_20180907_115030703.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Do you have McCain's Enc of Pattern Glass?

Page 457 row 3 Looks very similar.
    She says Thumbprint and Block. No attribution. But refers up to another row and item made by Columbia Glass Co.; US Glass.

Page 465 row 2 shows another US Glass (King) pattern with some of the same details as yours, but the base is different.

Think I would be looking to US Glass companies.

UncleChuckTX likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello cluttered - thank you. I think the closest is pg. 465 Block Band Squares. The general shape is a bit off though. I did find some similar patterns including King but those had more complex bases. Another unusual factor is the twist handle. The twists appear embedded in the handle as opposed to sitting on the outside. I agree US is most likely.
    Don

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Found it in the eapgs.org database as Block Band. A different etch but the same handle (which I now know is called air twist). Listed as unknown maker, unknown date. Looks like a dead end at this point. Thanks for looking everyone and thanks cluttered for your help.
    Don

5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Missed that one as I was looking at the etching on the others - which appeared to be a close match to yours.

And of course the etching can be applied to any pattern.

Breakfast is long past due.

Draft saved Draft deleted