EAPG Compote With Lid

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Measures 12 1/2" tall and is 8" in diameter. Was wondering if anyone might know the pattern. Thanks

DSCF9277 - Copy.JPG DSCF9279 - Copy.JPG DSCF9280 - Copy.JPG DSCF9281 - Copy.JPG DSCF9282 - Copy.JPG DSCF9283 - Copy.JPG

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but I believe it's Daisy and Button.....

But wait for confirmation from those in the know.:cat:

lauragarnet and TallCakes like this.
  3. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

4. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

That's it, thanks to both of you.

lauragarnet likes this.
  5. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Again, TOTALLY irrelevant, but just glancing at the first photo after reading the word "pattern" I thought "Button and ???"

Point being, I now recognize what the term "button" means in relation to glassware patterns..............

Huh! Still learning.........................I'm almost as amazed by myself as I am amazed by youse guys........................:woot::woot:

6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Bertoldi is given the AKA of 'Daisy & Button Band' as the patterns does sometimes exhibit that motif. The 'button' ia clearly noticed in the band but no so much the 'daisy' which is more noticeable in the upper part of the pedestal where the round daisies are more easily seen among the buttons.

lauragarnet likes this.
  7. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Huh? Guess I haven't learned as much as I thought.................:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

judy likes this.
  8. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Do we ned to mention it was made in Pittsburgh by O'Hara, ca 1885? The name Bartholdi refers to the designer of the Statue of Liberty, installed in New York about that time.

9. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

morning Tom, I didn't see the need to repeat as that info was noted in the linked eBay listing. Tho' one reference also mentions that Bartholdi was also made by U.S. Glass in 1991 (after O'Hara became part of that combine acquisition).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Cherryhill likes this.
  10. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't often follow links.

The evidence of U. S. Glass Co. selling Bartholdi may indicate that U. S. Glass Co. sold old stock. During the first 7 years of their existence they (usg) were first making 12 new patterns every six months, then by the end of 1893, they were struck by the union and almost shut down. They did build back up to full capacity and after almost 5 years the union capitulated. There is no evidence that they actually MADE any Bartholdi. There is evidence they did make some patterns, but not many.

Draft saved Draft deleted