Featured DUTCH SILVER PIE SERVER PASTRY CAKE SERVER STRAINER.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Iouri, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

Hello everyone .I'm interesting this marks Those marks the Netherlands silver makers marks .On the right side I see the letters J O on the left a small crown in the center I can't figure out what it is? Need help .Thank you. IMG_4060.jpg IMG_4061.jpg IMG_4062.jpg IMG_4063.jpg IMG_4043.jpg

Born2it, komokwa, bercrystal and 2 others like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

These marks are not for solid silver items in the Netherlands. Much more likely to be for silver plate. The right side is worn numbers (probably 90) also for the amount of silver used in the plating.

See the H Hooijkaas mark on this page. https://www.925-1000.com/silverplate_H3.html

Any Jewelry and bercrystal like this.
  3. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

I can see the letters ''JO''very well .What does the crown mean? Thank you very much.

bercrystal likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

The crown has no "meaning" in Netherlands marking. If there were also a crescent moon, the combination would aim us toward Germany. But there is not one. So I have no idea.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

I couldn't see purity silver marks.''Bakersgma''thank you very much seems to me You right -silver plated and understood about crown.

6. Bakersgma

You're welcome, Iouri

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I don't know much about silverplate, @Bakersgma has forgotten more than I'll ever know on the subject.:) But I do know many Dutch-themed items were made in Germany. So I wonder if the imperial crown has something to do with Germany anyway, even though it isn't silver?
    I agree on 90, btw.

8. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

Thank You ''Any Jewelry'' everything is possible. I have looked at many similar items on my cake server, small details can see very well.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted