Durer Print

Discussion in 'Art' started by Illielee, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Illielee

Illielee Well-Known Member

I've acquired a Durer print, The Desperate Man, and I'm trying to determine what publication it may be from. To me the paper doesn't look very old, but the attached paper on the back suggest it is an Armand Durand. Can you identify anything from the photographs?
    paper 7 3/4 in. x Width: 5 1/2 in.
    here is the link: http://bid.igavelauctions.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4071102
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

many folks here will not open links.....could you post actual photo's please.

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

4. whatmamahad

whatmamahad Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I find the " jumble " of various alphabetic letters, above the gent's hat, to be interesting. It's possible the letters form a word (s.) If the letters form a word, I have not been able to decipher it. Do you have an idea of the identity of the silhouette of, what appears to be, a leering succubus? My knowledge of art is limited. I wish I could have provided you with definitive information. Good Luck.

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Apparently the names is Amand (no R), but it appears to be mis-spelled quite commonly.

No mark stamped on the back?
    No watermark in the paper?

Draft saved Draft deleted