Dresden courting couple porcelain cup & saucer questions please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by tyeldom3, May 14, 2017.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

After viewing sold prices for similar courting couple's Dresden cups & saucers, I see quite a difference in prices. What do I need to know? Is it condition, shape, the art work, etc., that makes a difference in the prices? These have no chips or cracks, but there is gold wear/loss. Both pieces have a Dresden mark on the base, but the cup has another impressed mark which looks like it could be initials? but I can't see it well enough. Is that mark important, and do I need to know what it reads?
    Also, the saucer has the blue ish coloring on 2 of the scenes, and the cup has a purplish coloring on 2 of the scenes, is this a mis-matched set?, or was it made this way? Thanks so much for your time.
    Happy Mother's Day to you mom's!:)
    01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

These are sometimes called quatrefoil. I don't know your mark, but Dresden is not a company. It could be a pattern name and made in Japan. I would keep trying to find the maker.

anundverkaufen and tyeldom3 like this.
  3. tyeldom3

Wow, so much to learn! Thanks so much Janetjohn, that's a great help. I'll keep digging.:)

4. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Are these transfers or hand painted? It's difficult to tell in your photographs. However, in the photograph third up from the bottom, it looks hand painted. If hand painted, it would make them more valuable.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  5. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

6. tyeldom3

Thanks so much mill cove treasures, I appreciate the help and link. Yes they appear to be hand painted.
    Thanks again:)

Draft saved Draft deleted