Doulton Lambeth ID & value

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Nicola Trofanice, Sep 2, 2021.

1. 20210902_111728.jpg 1630580100271.jpg Good morning

Please can somebody help further ID this pot for me please I can see its dated 1878 and I believe the hand written initials ag are Annie Gentle but I cannot find this pot or the other hand written initials ASO & BB anywhere online

Many thanks
    Nicci 20210902_111728.jpg 1630580100271.jpg

KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

3. Tahmoor girl

Tahmoor girl Active Member

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

While waiting for OBB to weigh in, about how big is it? It seems to be missing a lid.

judy, KSW and DragonflyWink like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

'ello. Yeah, lid is missing. I've just been staring at marks for a bit.

Made in 1878 and yes, that AG is Annie Gentle. She was a senior assistant - interestngly, listed from 1879 to 1882 though.

The other two are trickier. There's several variants on bb, but they'r lower case not capitals. Oh, got it! It's mm not BB. Eliza Martin is a fit for the dates. Senior Assistant 1875 to 1883. THere's another variant on mm, but wrong dates - that's Emma Marriott. Her mark is closer still.

That ASO isn't in the bible, and I've never seen it. It isn't even similar to any of the AS marks, either.

judy, DragonflyWink and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

As to value, if it's a miniature, they're more collected than bigger ones oddly. It's either a mustard or a sugar pot. In the UK, five to ten quid.

judy and DragonflyWink like this.
  7. Tahmoor girl

Deleted

Fact Checked

False Information

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2021
    BoudiccaJones likes this.
  8. Ownedbybear

That piece of information is utterly irrelevant and completely useless.

Doulton Burslem was a completely separate operation to Lambeth with totally different products - bone china as opposed to pottery for a start. The Lambeth factory went on as a separate entity for decades: it didn't close till the late 50s. The list is for DOULTON LAMBETH, not the former Pinder entity.

Please stop posting misleading and deeply unhelpful cut and paste which you've found randomly on the internet. I've already explained that the mark isn't BB for a start, it's mm. I've handled hundreds of pieces of Doulton Lambeth and own hundreds. So I do actually know quite well that what you're pushing out is , yet again, codswallop.

kyratango, judy, KSW and 9 others like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Great advice. People don't ask about items to be misled.

@Tahmoor girl , you have been given similar advice before, and also to really read up on antiques, and do proper research.
    Of course it takes much more effort to do that, than to do some lazy random googling/Binging.
    If you're not up to the hard work, please feel free to stop your random copy-and-pasting, and leave providing information to those who are willing to do in-depth research.
    That way you can still enjoy reading posts and learning from old threads. And you can always ask if you don't know about an item.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    kyratango, judy, KSW and 7 others like this.
  10. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I am SO over this. I really wish he/she'd stop misleading people. I'm genuinely worried about the misinformation he/she is perpetuating.
    Claims to want to **help** people yet goes on and on blundering through Bing copyin' an pastin' and helping NO ONE ( I AM SHOUTING YES)
    I have never yet put anyone on my *ignore* list. I never ever say anything about board politics /what you will but this is pernicious
    I also think it's deeply insulting to merely google/bing search the query. Do you believe, Tahmoor Girl,that you are the ONLY person who can use a search engine? Why would you assume you are doing something that the OP hasn't?

kyratango, judy, KSW and 6 others like this.
  11. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

12. Ownedbybear

Ah, well found. rr is known.

kyratango, judy, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  13. Tahmoor girl

Deleted

Fact Checked

False Information

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2021
    BoudiccaJones likes this.
  14. Ownedbybear

You posted irrelevant information about a totally different factory. Just as you have now posted a completely different mark. And you do not know what the list is.

judy, Any Jewelry and BoudiccaJones like this.
  15. Any Jewelry

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. However, it does not dig its heels in when confronted with the truth, as I have seen you do in several threads.

Why on earth won't you listen to the Moderators who run this site, and follow their advice? Do you think you are above doing that, or don't you understand what they said?
    Many people 'like' a reply simply to be polite, or to express appreciation for the fact that someone paid attention to their thread.

Btw, I have no idea who classify as 'average people' in your world view.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  16. Tahmoor girl

17. Any Jewelry

Thank you for the intervention, Moderators.:):kiss:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  18. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

SO glad this misinformation has been deleted. Thank you Mods <3 xxx

19. Tahmoor girl

I POSTED The completely different mark to show you that her MM was a completely different mark, so it wasn't her!!......ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

20. Any Jewelry

Draft saved Draft deleted