Doulton bottle vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chinoiserie, Aug 26, 2024.

1. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

I was late out hunting on Saturday morning. Had a couple too many port and brandies the night before. First shop I came to and a saw this in the window. I flew into the shop and grabbed it by the neck. I looked at the base. Doulton. Oooh this is good. Then the price. £5. Are they on drugs I said under my breath. Then I thought that there must be something wrong with it as the shop I was in almost always overcharges. I took my hand off the neck and well. So sad. I bought it anyway. The pattern kind of reminds me of the wall paper at my grandparents house when I was a kid.

IMG_20240827_001543_copy_3000x4000.jpg IMG_20240827_001528_copy_2916x3888.jpg IMG_20240827_001513_copy_4000x3000.jpg IMG20240827000641_copy_3000x4000.jpg

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Early twentieth , and real lace was impressed into the clay. The number is for a mass produced pattern, nothing wrong with that. You’ve three decorators assistant marks there.

kentworld likes this.
  3. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Is that what they are? Thanks. Hoping to try and restore it a little with some coloured filler as an experiment. I restored a chip in the spout of a kutani teapot a while ago. Although the results were good I could have done better. I applied the colour after the filler had dried and the colour wouldn't take to it. I thought if I mixed the colour with the filler before hand the results would be much better.

Draft saved Draft deleted